Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Testimony Tuesdays: 1 movie 100 days in a row



It was the year 1999 and I had my hands on a taped from TV version of the movie Brink. You know, that Disney Channel Original Movie! Well, I was obsessed. I thought that this movie was one of the best films ever. I'm not sure if it was just because I thought that they were really cool high schoolers or maybe it was just because that was my phase where I was into extreme sports.

Whatever the reason for my obsession, it all started when I finally decided to tape the movie from TV. But I didn't simply tape it. I watched it while it was taping and stopped taping during the commercials. This VCR recording art allowed me to have an essentially seamless recording of the movie. After having the recording I watched the recording the next day after getting back from school. This was day one of my streak.

The next day I decided to watch the movie again. Day after day it became a routine. I would get back from school, get a snack, throw on the movie, and work on math homework during the movie. With each successive private showing I learned more and more of the lines.  It got to the point where I could quote virtually the entire movie. What started as two consecutive days of watching turned into a month of watching the movie every single day. That month streak became a 107 day streak before I knew it. After 107 days I decided that was it. I can't remember why I thought that was the day to stop, but I stopped.

If there was a world record for most consecutive days of watching that movie, I think I would hold the record. Sometimes I think to myself, oh you were young and kids do that. Then I realize that most kids who watch a movie that much are usually 3 or 4, not 9. But whatever, it is a memory I have. As if I didn't learn, soon after I watched Jumanji about a month in a row every day. I know that my movie watching habits were strange. Since then you should be happy to know that I have never attempted this ridiculous feat. Still, I enjoy having this interesting fact stored in my history.

No comments:

Post a Comment