Monday, October 8, 2012

Music Mondays: Ed Sheeran's "+"


Ed Sheeran - + (Deluxe Version)

This album is phenomenal. If you haven't heard of Ed Sheeran, he is an artist from the UK who has recently started becoming popular in the US. To me, Ed Sheeran is like a British Jason Mraz. There are sweet melodies and quick rap breaks. But the rap breaks are not those unnecessary, completely unrelated rap breaks. Everything flows nicely together in an amazing final product. As you sit and listen, his melodies are so real and heartfelt that they almost take you away for a little while.

To give you an idea of his style, here is a sample:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAWcs5H-qgQ&feature=related


The cd would fall under the acoustic/ singer-songwriter genre. Some of the songs are a little more upbeat, but my favorites are his slower pieces. His songs are not muddled with overproduced layers and harmonies. If you are looking for simple melodies to soothe you, this cd is a must have. This is one of the few cd's that I enjoy all of the songs and find something new every time I listen to it. And if you are debating, the deluxe version is definitely worth it.

Some of my favorite lyrics include:

"The worst things in life come free to us" - A Team
"Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?" - Autumn Leaves
"And I don't give waves of missing you anymore. They're more like tsunami tides in my eyes." - UNI
"But if I kiss you will your mouth read this truth? Darling how I'll miss you." - Little Bird

I would really encourage you to check this album out. It is so good and a nice collection of songs to have for driving, relaxing, or working. And as a goodbye for today I will leave you with another one of his songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment