Saturday, October 13, 2012

Film Fridays: Pitch Perfect



This movie is hilarious! Or should I say Rebel Wilson is hilarious? She truly made the movie. If you've seen the trailer or the movie, Rebel Wilson is "Fat Amy". But besides being funny, the music itself is actually really good. Normally I would be against a female a cappella group for the exact reason the give in the movie, female a cappella groups don't have the deep bases to round out their sound. But I really enjoyed all of the mashups. They do a really good job in the arrangements of songs and create greatly layered songs.

For those of you who haven't seen the preview, the preview is really what sparked my interest.


Rebel Wilson is the star because her lines are SO funny.  For example, "Sometimes I feel like I could do crystal meth but then I think, hmm, better not."  And her lines are so memorable that you will be quoting them long after the movie.  Yes her lines are funny, but it's the delivery.  She is so serious.  The great thing is she's like that in real life.  Watch any interview with her.  This one from Ellen is really funny:

 

But back to the movie. Yes the story line is a little cheesy and predictable at times. But I really liked the movie mostly based on the music and funny lines. The humor kind of reminded me of a less crude Bridesmaids mixed with She's the Man. Both of which I really enjoyed.  I would definitely recommend this movie. I wouldn't say that it was a necessary movie to see in theaters, but I think that it's a good movie to see sometime.


My Rating: 86%
Rotten Tomatoes: 77%
Entertainment Weekly: B-
Roger Ebert: ★★

No comments:

Post a Comment