Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Testimony Tuesdays: My Strange Addiction

I have a confession.  I am addicted to...

Holiday Decorations!

Okay. Maybe I'm not addicted but I thoroughly enjoy them. I don't know what it is, but I love the sight and smell of holiday decorations. This mainly applies to Halloween/ Fall and Christmas decorations. The other holidays I could care less if there were decorations available.



Since it is the beginning of October I will focus on fall decorations. My roommate Miguel thinks that I'm obsessed with pumpkins. But really, what is more representative of fall besides brightly colored leaves and pumpkins? Pumpkins come around once a year and they fill me with the autumn spirit.

But on to my affinity for decorations. I love walking into Michaels and going straight to the holiday decorations. When I walk down the aisles I am filled with a childlike wonder. The smell of cinnamon pine cones only adds to my entrapment by the decorations.  I generally am lured towards the more realistic decor. As you can see below, I enjoy fall leaf garlands, pumpkins, and crows.  It's almost like bringing the outside indoors.


At my parents house I have decorated most of my life. I am even asked to come home specifically to decorate.  It is very therapeutic for me and I have become pretty proficient by now. Certain decorations definitely have locations where they work best, but I try to change it up every year and create new displays.


So there you have it. I love to decorate and to find unique pieces to add to my collection. If you ever need help decorating, you now know who to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment